WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual, which includes name, address, email address, telephone number, and other information that identifies you. We may collect personal information from you directly or indirectly. For example, when you register for an Account, you are asked to submit your name, address, email address, telephone number, information regarding the type, price, location and features of your desired property, and other personal information. You may also voluntarily provide us personal information if you email us, inquire about a property, call us, complete an online survey, or otherwise respond to a request from us for information.
Even if you do not register with us, we may automatically collect certain information concerning your visit, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and browser information, which will allow us to track your use of the Site. Upon your return to the Site and/or subsequent registration, we will update your profile with your previous search history in order to create a more complete user profile. See section below entitled “What are cookies and web beacons?”
We may also use a third party to help us gather and analyse information about the areas that you visit on the Site to evaluate and improve the client experience and the convenience of the Site, and to help us analyse some or all of the information that you provide to us.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
When we collect information from you, we may use it for a number of purposes, including to:
- Identify your search preferences so that we can notify you of property listings and other information relating to our business that might be of interest to you;
- Invite you to participate in customer research;
- Measure the advertising effectiveness of our online and other advertisements and events;
- Respond to your comments and inquiries; and
- Help us understand Site activity and improve your use of our Site.
In order for us to maintain the accuracy of your personal information and improve our communication with you, we may also combine the information we collect with other public demographic information.
This Site is not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not collect or maintain personal information, via the Site or otherwise, from those we actually know are children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13, you should not submit any personal information to us. If you are the parent of a child under 13, please help us protect your child’s privacy by instructing them never to provide personal information on this Site or any other without your permission.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
Information about our customers is important to our business. We are not in the business of selling personal information to unaffiliated third parties for their commercial use. Under certain circumstances and from time to time, we may share your personal information with third parties as set forth herein.
- Owners and Sponsors. We may share your personal information with the owners and sponsors of listings on our Site if you are interested in a property. In addition, we may share your personal information with the owners and sponsors of other properties who may seek to sell or lease their properties through us.
- Promotional Offers. Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of users on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address.
- Business Transfers. Your information may be transferred as an asset in connection with a merger or sale (including any transfer made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of our businesses or as part of a corporate reorganisation, stock sale or other change in corporate control.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We have in place what we believe to be reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard the personal information we collect and help prevent unauthorised access and use of such data. Unfortunately, no collection or transmission of information over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and therefore, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any such information.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. Additionally, change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure web browser.
You can opt out of receiving promotional email from us by following the “unsubscribe” instructions at the bottom of any emails we may send you, by emailing us, or by following the links on our Site to remove yourself from our mailing list. Unless you open a new account, enter a contest, inquire about a property, contact us or otherwise subsequently sign up to receive newsletters, emails or personalised online advertisements, you will not receive anything further from us.
UPDATES AND EFFECTIVE DATE